– Sergeant (retired) Lathem has likely watched dozens of 14 Wing Greenwood personnel march past the end of his driveway over the past 40 years, training for the Nijmegen Marches challenge.
– 435 Transport and Rescue Squadron, a 19 Wing Comox unit based at Winnipeg, held their annual search and rescue (SAR) exercise at Thunder Bay, Ontario, from May 23 to 27.
– Honorary Colonel Lacourse is an advisor to the Board of Directors for the North Bay and Area Community Foundation, a member of the East Ferris Economic Development Committee and a member of the Board of Directors and Chair of the Governance Committee for the North Bay Military Family Resource Centre.
– The pre-deployment preparation achieved the integration of the CH-146 Griffon and CH-147F Chinook helicopters, the validation of the Forward Aeromedical Evacuation capability, and certification of the Headquarters team.
– With their cutting-edge technologies, the new radar systems will become the new cornerstone of air traffic control, providing reliable surveillance of Canadian airspace and tracking potential threats with greater accuracy than ever before.
– More than 25 members of Lieutenant Barry Troy’s family gathered in Ottawa recently to honour his memory and view artifacts related to the pilot’s fatal crash, which occurred in Florida more than 60 years ago.