– A helicopter from 14 Wing Greenwood, Nova Scotia, set down on the soccer field of Kings County Academy in Kentville on June 12, 2019, as a year-end treat for 600 excited students who lined the field awaiting its arrival.
– A ceremony was held Friday, June 14, 2019, at 22 Wing North Bay, Ontario, to mark the official opening of the Mission Training Centre, a digital battleground that will train the next generation of Aerospace Controllers and Aerospace Control Operators.
– The national Quilts of Valour program pairs Canadian Armed Forces veterans with handmade quilts from groups throughout Canada.
– An RCAF team took third place in an international military skills competition held in France in June 2019.
– On May 9, 2019, the Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) reached an important milestone in the development of its Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) and targeting capability.
– On June 12, 2019, the Canadian Space Agency launched the RADARSAT Constellation Mission, a trio of satellites that will, among other functions, enhance the operational capabilities of the Canadian Armed Forces.
– 4 Wing Cold Lake continues to contribute to Op Impact with engineering, imagery, maintenance, logistics, transport, administration, intelligence, communications, and command and control skills and competencies.
– In June 2019, programs were launched to ensure the continuing health of the RCAF and our ability to achieve mission success. These initiatives are vital in the face of an unprecedented level of global competition for the skills of pilots, technicians, highly trained aviation specialists, and support personnel.