– RCAF air maintenance technicians took home awards from the Aerospace Maintenance Competition held in Atlanta, Georgia, in April. It was the first time the RCAF had sent teams to compete.
– As part of its 100th anniversary celebrations, 401 Squadron in Cold Lake, Alberta, held a hockey game, featuring Edmonton Oilers alumni and community members, to raise funds for charity.
– General Jonathan Vance, chief of the defence staff, recently visited 14 Wing Greenwood, Nova Scotia, where he met with wing personnel and presented a commendation to 404 Long Range Patrol Squadron, which flies the CP-140 Aurora.
– Master Corporal Emil Edwards, an airborne electronic sensor operator flying on CH-148 Cyclone helicopters, says an interest in music helped him in his job of listening for underwater acoustics.
– Senior international leaders in Space are meeting for the annual Space Symposium in Colorado Springs, Colorado, from April 8 to 11, 2019. On April 10, Australia, Canada, France, Germany, New Zealand, the United Kingdom and the United States issued a statement regarding the strategic importance of the space domain and the importance of international cooperation.
– The Royal Flying Corps and the Royal Naval Air Service, which included many Canadians, were instrumental in setting the conditions for victory during the Battle of Vimy Ridge, which began on April 9, 1917.
– Aviation life support equipment specialist Master Corporal Andrea Lorinczy talks about the life decisions and the training that have settled her on her life’s path. She is in Atlanta, Georgia, this week to compete in the annual Aerospace Maintenance Competition being held from April 8 to 11, 2019.
– More than 30 RCAF air maintenance technicians will compete in the annual Aerospace Maintenance Competition to be held in Atlanta, Georgia from April 8 to 11, 2019. It’s the first time that the RCAF has entered teams in the competition.