– First formed as the Canadian 450 Heavy Transport Squadron in 1968, the squadron was Canada’s venture into logistic air support using Canadian CH-113A Voyageur helicopters.
– 442 Squadron conducts an annual Search and Rescue Exercise to practice deploying the squadron quickly and effectively to a severe operating location, as would happen during a major search.
– Major Rhea MacLean has been selected as the gender advisor overseeing all gender-related training and advising on all gender-related issues for Canadians on deployment.
– With individual donations and contributions from private businesses, Captain McQueen now has a special plaque in his honour at the Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum.
– The Fighter Pilot Course takes pilots who have graduated from Fighter Lead-In Training at 419 Squadron, and trains them to fly the CF-18 Hornet in fighter operations.
– Exercise TAZ RUNNER, an annual Improvised Explosive Device Disposal exercise for 1 Canadian Air Division, Royal Canadian Air Force, was held at 19 Wing Comox in February.