– December 3, 2019, marks the 100th birthday of Squadron Leader (retired) Thomas W. Dowbiggin, who served as a Second World War Spitfire pilot with the Royal Canadian Air Force’s 401 Squadron.
– NORAD Tracks Santa kicks off December 1, 2019 with an interactive website, social media channels, “Santa Cam” streaming video and more. On December 24, users may call or text 1-877-HiNORAD for Santa’s up-to-date location.
– On July 29, at more than 23,000 feet and a speed of 320 knots, Corporal Rachelle MacDonald and Warrant Officer Adrian MacKinnon said “I do” aboard the CC-150 Polaris aircraft.
– World Masters Athlete Major Serge Faucher competed recently at the North, Central America and Caribbean Region of WMA Championships, coming home with a personal bronze and a team silver.
– The Tall Ships Festival held August 31 to September 1, 2019, in Brockville, Ontario, provided a memorable opportunity for 434 Operational Test and Evaluation (OT&E) “Bluenose” Squadron from 8 Wing Trenton to reconnect with its famous lineage.
– 12 Wing Shearwater’s Master Corporal Gabriel Auclair earned the number one spot at the 2019 World Masters Olympic Weightlifting Championships.
– Ten CT-114 Tutor jets flown by the Canadian Forces Snowbirds are returning home to Moose Jaw from Georgia November 27, 2019.
– Junior non-commissioned officers from several nations gathered in Winnipeg recently for the 2019 Junior Enlisted Leadership Forum.