– On December 10, 2018, the RCAF again assisted the RCMP in their “Toys for the North” campaign to deliver toys to children in some of Canada’s most remote, northerly locations.
– With Santa’s big night only a week away, RCAF pilots, technicians and trackers are standing by to help guide him in his journey through Canadian airspace.
– During the 2018 holiday season, Royal Canadian Air Force leaders send greetings to RCAF personnel. Here is the message from 2 Canadian Air Division’s command …
– “We can honestly say that 2018 has been an extraordinary year for the Royal Canadian Air Force,” says the commander of the RCAF, Lieutenant-General Al Meinzinger, in his 2018 holiday message to Air Force personnel.
– The RCAF has decided to not conduct Exercise Maple Flag in 2019. The RCAF will use the opportunity to re-focus its resources to update the exercise’s mandate and to modernize the infrastructure used during the exercise. The RCAF will thereby ensure that Maple Flag remains focused and relevant to fighter operations in a dynamic and fluid battlespace.
– RCAF members participate in CRUZEX 2018 in Brazil, strengthening a nine-year bilateral relationship.
– 405 Squadron has a new honorary colonel as Bert Campbell passes the watch to Heather Hemming.
– More than 120 volunteers, the majority retired military members, do everything from greeting visitors to working on aircraft restoration and education programs at the National Air Force Museum of Canada.