– Have you ever wondered what collects, grows and lives in the dry dock each time the caisson is open? It essentially becomes part of the ocean floor for extended periods of time between dockings and a potential home for numerous life forms.
– Canada’s second Arctic and Offshore Patrol Ship (AOPS), the future HMCS Margaret Brooke, was successfully launched in Halifax this week.
– MS Jeffrey Haines has been the HMCS Regina’s unofficial coiffeur performing his cuts from a corner of the ship’s Stoker Shop, all in support of Canadian Tire Jumpstart Charities.
– For the next year, it will be easy to distinguish HMCS Regina from the other West Coast frigates as it has a new paint job. …
– CFB Halifax Base Commander and NDWCC Champion Capt(N) Dave Mazur took fundraising creativity to a new level with the inaugural “Paddle Against Poverty” Dragon Boat …
– Running the Victoria Goodlife Fitness Marathon in full firefighter gear with the heavy breathing apparatus had a “surreal feel to it” admits Chief Petty Officer Second Class Chris Fraser.
– Heidi Maier,13, says she has been swept away by the power of sailing. The Grade 8 student has found competitive success harnessing the wind, and a healthy activity, during eight years with the Canadian Forces Sailing Association (CFSA) Junior Program.
– A Second World War veteran who piloted the Lancaster bomber on multiple missions in western Europe has been awarded with France’s highest military decoration.