– In a show of support for military families and the defence community, Babcock Canada has united with the Esquimalt Military Family Resource Centre for a special fundraising hockey game.
– Being a boatswain demands a lot from an individual. Attention to detail, teamwork and physicality are all part of the job. However, one aspect of the trade remains integral but often taken for granted…rope work!
– You can’t keep a good aircraft down!
– Sometimes we wish we could peer into the future. Twenty-nine sailors from Her Majesty’s Canadian Ship (HMCS) St. John’s recently had the opportunity to do just that when they visited the BAE Systems Shipyard in the United Kingdom (UK).
– Canadian Armed Forces members who deployed on international naval operations between 23 July 2003 and 01 August 2019 will receive a compensatory payment for allowances they were entitled to receive but did not.
– North American Aerospace Defence Command (NORAD) has established a Forward Element Office at National Defence Headquarters in Ottawa responsible for advancing operations and plans with NORAD equities in Canada – to include maritime warning.
– Earlier this month, the Defence Team kicked-off Mental Health Week 2019 with a captivating panel discussion on personal well-being and resilience, co-hosted by the Defence Team’s Mental Health Co-Champions, Deputy Minister (DM) Jody Thomas and Vice Chief of the Defence Staff (VCDS) LGen Paul Wynnyk.
– The first woman to command a ship in the British Commonwealth, she was captain of His Majesty’s Canadian Ship (HMCS) Conestoga in Galt, Ont., during the Second World War.