– Canadian Armed Forces members who deployed on international naval operations between 23 July 2003 and 01 August 2019 will receive a compensatory payment for allowances they were entitled to receive but did not.
– North American Aerospace Defence Command (NORAD) has established a Forward Element Office at National Defence Headquarters in Ottawa responsible for advancing operations and plans with NORAD equities in Canada – to include maritime warning.
– Earlier this month, the Defence Team kicked-off Mental Health Week 2019 with a captivating panel discussion on personal well-being and resilience, co-hosted by the Defence Team’s Mental Health Co-Champions, Deputy Minister (DM) Jody Thomas and Vice Chief of the Defence Staff (VCDS) LGen Paul Wynnyk.
– The first woman to command a ship in the British Commonwealth, she was captain of His Majesty’s Canadian Ship (HMCS) Conestoga in Galt, Ont., during the Second World War.
– MANAMA, Bahrain — Zeroing in on a small fishing dhow loaded with heroin in 2 million square miles of ocean is like trying to find a needle in a haystack, but a crew of mostly Canadian troops has helped find six in the past two months, hauling in nearly 16 tons of illicit drugs.
– Nearly 50 years after being badly injured at sea as a result of the 1969 Her Majesty’s Canadian Ship (HMCS) Kootenay explosion, a member of that ship’s company has been recognized for his sacrifice in service to his country.
– Lt(N) Morrow hails from St. John’s, Newfoundland, and completed his medical training in 2018. He joined the Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) shortly thereafter. Mere months into his career, he was selected to join HMCS Kingston and deploy to West Africa…
– She is a war fighter, a wife and a mother. An Above Water Warfare Officer, Lieutenant(Navy) Anne-Marie Day challenges many people’s perceptions of what a young leader and war fighter looks like in today’s Royal Canadian Navy.