– The Naval Tactical Operations Group, hosted by the United States Navy’s 5th Fleet, represented the Royal Canadian Navy at the International Maritime Exercise 2019 in Manama, Bahrain and the Persian Gulf.
– Commodore Angus Topshee, Commander, Canadian Fleet Pacific, recently challenged the fleet for the National Defence Workplace Charitable Campaign.
– When Captain Monica Phillips received her posting to HMCS Ottawa she knew it was coming with an added experience. For the first time in their more than 20-year careers, Capt Phillips and her brother Petty Officer Second Class Thomas “Turtle” Hertel were posted to the same unit.
– With 2019 coming to a close, I want to share a work-related highlight during this past year, one that I was encouraged to write about — my participation in the Royal Canadian Navy Canadian Leaders at Sea (CLaS) outreach program.
– Have you ever wondered what collects, grows and lives in the dry dock each time the caisson is open? It essentially becomes part of the ocean floor for extended periods of time between dockings and a potential home for numerous life forms.
– Canada’s second Arctic and Offshore Patrol Ship (AOPS), the future HMCS Margaret Brooke, was successfully launched in Halifax this week.
– MS Jeffrey Haines has been the HMCS Regina’s unofficial coiffeur performing his cuts from a corner of the ship’s Stoker Shop, all in support of Canadian Tire Jumpstart Charities.
– For the next year, it will be easy to distinguish HMCS Regina from the other West Coast frigates as it has a new paint job. …