– LS Melanie Shering, who’s been with HMCS Toronto for nearly three years, was recently joined by the ship’s new Imagery Technician, MCpl Manuela Berger, who happens to be her mother.
– On February 8, the Government of Canada unveiled the selected design and design team for the Canadian Surface Combatants. This marks another important step towards the construction of Canada’s future warships.
– HMCS Regina, accompanied by Naval Replenishment Unit Asterix, departed its homeport of Esquimalt February 6, 2019 for a deployment to the Asia-Pacific and Middle East regions.
– He may not have been born in Canada, but Leading Seaman Eric Saenz, originally from Costa Rica, has become a valuable member of the Royal Canadian Navy, and was recently named the Atlantic Fleet’s newest Sailor of the Quarter.
– Life has not always been easy for Petty Officer 2nd Class Chevonne Fisher, but she counts herself lucky in many ways…
– AB Yvette Yong has been a rising star in the world of military sports and martial arts. She brought home the gold in the 2018 Pan American Taekwondo Championships where she represented the Canadian Armed Forces, and was ranked number one in the world in women’s fin weight category.
– The contract, awarded to Saab Microwave Canada, supports naval operators by providing them with modern and efficient equipment so they can continue to defend Canada’s coasts and protect our ships and our sailors, while helping to bolster our Navy across its fleets.
– The 2018 Maritime Forces Pacific (MARPAC) Naval Technical Seminar was held with great success on November 7 and 8 in Work Point, Esquimalt, B.C.