– Rivière-du-Loup, Quebec — A Quebec-based amateur historian has set himself the ambitious goal of documenting every North American Indigenous soldier who has served since Europeans first discovered the continent in 1492.
– Ottawa, Ontario — At the time of the 2017 Canada Army Run (CAR), 455 Canadian troops were deployed to Camp Ādaži, Latvia as part of NATO’s Enhanced Forward Presence Battlegroup (eFPB)
– Oromocto, New Brunswick — At 53 years old, I’m doing something that might have sounded strange when I first immigrated to Canada in 2002 from Cienfuegos, Cuba: I’m on an Armoured Reconnaissance course with candidates predominantly not even half my age. And I’m enjoying the course.
A summer of success – Full-time Army Reserve employment program attracts more job-seekers than projected
– The summer of 2018 featured the inaugural run of the Canadian Army’s Full-time Summer Employment (FTSE) Program. Open to Reservists in their first four years of service, the program offered guaranteed summer employment and enjoyed great success, with 4,400 Reservists from across Canada accepting an offer; a return that exceeded projections.
– Military service is something many of us would put near the top of any list of things best-suited to the young, but one Canadian Army Reservist shows that age is less relevant than ability. Corporal Scott Sargent joined the Calgary Highlanders, a Canadian Army Reserve infantry unit in 2015 at the age of 40.
– Ottawa, Ontario — Have you ever considered challenging yourself and becoming an integral part of the Army’s mission by serving part-time as a Reservist? Saturday, September 29, 2018 is a perfect time to learn more: most Army Reserve units, sub-units and detachments across Canada will be opening their doors to the public.