– Toronto, Ontario — My name is Sophia Louise Miller; I was born on February 29, 1968 to Sylvia Miller (nee Campbell) and Uton Miller.
– Halifax, Nova Scotia — “You couldn’t get a job in a store or anywhere if you were black, so we joined the Reserves,” said Corporal (Retired) Marelene Clyke.
– Yellowknife, Northwest Territories — Canadian Rangers are assisting the Department of Fisheries and Oceans (DFO) in gathering data that a DFO report says will offer “unprecedented” views of Arctic waters.
– Sydney, Nova Scotia — In his working life, Captain Felix Odartey-Wellington happily juggles and blends two very different yet complementary careers, one requiring a Canadian Army (CA) uniform and one for which he wears a suit and tie.
– Ottawa, Ontario — The Canadian Army Reserve (ARes) is already well-known for giving youth valuable work experience and steady employment, but is going a step further still.
– Paju, Korea — In the bitter Korean winters of 1952 and 1953, soldiers of the Princess Patricia’s Canadian Light Infantry (PPCLI) and the Royal 22e Régiment (R22eR) managed to carry out some friendly battles of their own on the frozen Imjin River, using hockey sticks and a puck.