– Wainwright, Alberta — You can’t roller skate in a buffalo herd, according to the questionable wisdom of the late Texas country singer Roger Miller, but you could support Earth Day by running in the second annual Bison Run, if you’ve a mind to.
– Halifax, Nova Scotia — 5th Canadian Division (5 Cdn Div) has officially assumed authority over the Canadian Army’s (CA) newest Brigade, the Canadian Combat Support Brigade (CCSB) in an organizational shift that one officer says will make 5 Cdn Div “the champion of Canadian Army enablers.”
– Toronto, Ontario — A new milestone has been reached in an initiative to train Canadian Army (CA) Reservists in long-distance trucking: a United States border crossing.
– Moreuil, France — Current members of Lord Strathcona’s Horse (Royal Canadians) are returning to France to mark the centenary of a First World War battle in which one of their number earned a posthumous Victoria Cross (VC).
– Winnipeg, Manitoba – It has been a full year since Honorary Corporal Juno, the Canadian Army’s adopted polar bear and live mascot, arrived at the Assiniboine Park Zoo in Winnipeg, Manitoba to participate in Operation SOCIALIZATION.
– Ottawa, Ontario — Even Corporal (Retired) Hyacinth Telfer has to admit that her “Madda” did know best after all.