Tag: Mental Health – Mental Health stories
Wear pink and practice kindness on February 28
– On February 28, Pink Shirt Day, practice kindness and wear pink to symbolize that you will not tolerate bullying.
Tags: Featured | Health & Wellbeing | Health & Wellbeing
The February blahs and social support
– Social support can protect us from the harmful effects of too much stress and is an essential part of mental fitness.
Tags: Mental Health
Security is our Defence – GOAL-OBJECTIF ZĒRØ
– Security is our Defence – GOAL-OBJECTIF ZĒRØ, highlights the importance of bringing security incidents to zero and increasing overall vigilance across the board.
Tags: Featured | Health & Wellbeing
#CAFLetsTalk – How members of the Defence Team can take part in Bell Let’s Talk Day
– All CAF members and Defence Team employees are encouraged to take part in the day by talking, texting, and tweeting about mental health.
Tags: Mental Health
Moving Beyond SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder)
– The winter blues can leave you feeling tired, low energy, sleeping more than usual, lacking in motivation, less active, and more likely to gain a few pounds. Here is what you can do…
Tags: Health & Wellbeing
Mental health co-champions’ message: Maintaining mental well-being during the holidays
– It is important to remember that there are always services and supports available to the entire DND family.
Tags: Featured | Health & Wellbeing | Mental Health | Personnel
Ask the Expert: Can anti-inflammatories hurt me?
– Anti-inflammatories are generally well-tolerated. However, taking them for long periods in high doses increases the risk for side-effects.
Tags: Expert | Health & Wellbeing
New app gives CAF members easy access to mental health tools
– The R2MR app can be used for goal-setting, self-talk, mental rehearsal, tactical breathing, attention control and working memory.
Tags: Health & Wellbeing | Mental Health
National Defence Headquarters (Carling) physio clinic officially opens
– The new Canadian Armed Forces physiotherapy clinic opened on November 14 at the National Defence Headquarters (NDHQ) (Carling) in Ottawa.
Tags: Health & Wellbeing | Personnel
Ask the Expert: What is a high ankle sprain?
– High ankle sprains are generally more significant injuries than common ankle sprains. They cause more pain, take longer to heal and in some cases require surgical repair.
Tags: Expert | Health & Wellbeing | Personnel