Tag: Personnel – Military and civilian personnel-related
Employment equity and diversity: Force multipliers
– 2nd Canadian Division and Joint Task Force East rely on numerous facilities, committees, and groups that coexist with a shared focus on the well-being of staff in order to create a peaceful and productive work environment.
Tags: Diversity | Personnel | SSE
Training starts for 2018 Nijmegen Marches
– In late March, Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) members set off from Point Pleasant Park in Halifax, N.S. on a 10 km march, marking the beginning of training for the 2018 edition of the Nijmegen Marches, an annual, international, four-day test of endurance in the Netherlands.
Tags: International | Featured | Personnel | RCN
Recruiters wanted for the CAF
– The Canadian Forces Recruiting Group (CFRG) is seeking candidates for recruiters, military career counsellors, file managers, and command and control positions.
Tags: Personnel | Recruitment | SSE
Veteran Family Program: Easing your transition
– The Veteran Family Program (VFP), funded by Veterans Affairs Canada (VAC), is now available at 32 Military Family Resource Centres (MFRCs) across the country.
Tags: Personnel | Veterans
NPF presents the Woman of Distinction Award
– The award is presented to an employee of the Staff of the Non-Public Funds, Canadian Forces, who shows passion for her work, demonstrates excellence at work and in the community, exhibits integrity and ethical behavior, and is a role model to others.
Tags: Personnel | Recognition
The Defence Team is moving to an electronic format for performance management
– The Public Service Performance Management (PSPM) web application will be available as of April 20 for civilian employees and managers, and on April 27th for military managers.
Tags: Featured | Personnel | SSE
CAF culinary team wins silver at international competition
– The Canadian cooks competed against cooks from France, Germany, the United Kingdom and the United States. This year’s exercise showcased the talents of 237 military chefs from all military services around the globe.
Tags: International | Army | Personnel | RCAF | RCN
CAF welcomes first Muslim female chaplain and chaplain candidate
– The occasions mark a turning point in Canadian Armed Forces history, and help fulfill the Royal Canadian Chaplain Service’s initiative to increase diversity and improve gender balance.
Tags: Army | Diversity | Health & Wellbeing | Personnel | Women in the CAF
Defence Team talks racial discrimination
– Remarks by senior leadership were followed by a panel discussion and an open question and answer period that engaged a large number of attendees and subject matter experts.
Tags: Diversity | Personnel
Vietnamese refugee gives back as naval officer
– Having been given a fresh opportunity, Lieutenant-Commander Kim Poirrier wanted to give back to her adopted country. “To truly appreciate this privilege is to give back,” she says.
Category: Defence | Royal Canadian Navy
Tags: Diversity | Personnel | RCN | Women in the CAF