National Day of Mourning, 28 April 2018
– The National Day of Mourning, held annually in Canada on April 28, is dedicated to remembering those who have lost their lives, suffered injury, illness on the job or due to a work-related tragedy.
Tags: Health & Wellbeing
Watch the April 23 episode of Defence Team News!
– Changes to transition benefits provided by Veterans Affairs Canada and the transfer of command ceremony for 5th Canadian Division
Tags: DTN | Featured | Video
CAF Eagle Staff travels to the Arctic for the first time
– Warrant Officer Sheldon Quinn of 2nd Bataillon, Princess Patricia’s Canadian Light Infantry (2PPCLI), may be the first soldier to carry the Eagle Staff up to Canada’s far north, but he certainly hopes he won’t be the last.
Tags: Rangers | Regional Round Up
Veteran Family Program: Easing your transition
– The Veteran Family Program (VFP), funded by Veterans Affairs Canada (VAC), is now available at 32 Military Family Resource Centres (MFRCs) across the country.
Tags: Personnel | Veterans
Teamwork – The key to success on Operation CARIBBE
– Just a few days after arriving at their patrol area in international waters of the eastern Pacific Ocean off the coast of Central America, HMCS Whitehorse’s Operations Room was already monitoring the progress of several suspicious “targets of interest.”
Tags: International | Operations & Exercises | RCN
Photo of the Day
– Members of 2nd Battalion, Princess Patricia’s Canadian Light Infantry conduct a live range with a shotgun during Operation NUNALIVUT 2018 in Cambridge Bay, Nunavut.
HMCS Whitehorse and Edmonton get three drug busts in two weeks on Operation CARIBBE
– The Canadian Armed Forces has contributed to the seizure of more than 85 tonnes of cocaine since Operation CARIBBE commenced in 2006 with the United States Joint Interagency Task Force South.
Tags: Featured | International | Operations & Exercises | Operations & Exercises | RCN
CAF Story | Human Resources Administrator by Day, Professional Bodybuilder by Night
– So, I’m an IFBB Pro, it’s an International Federation of Body Building Professional. It was actually on tour that I first started getting into fitness in any kind of serious way…
Tags: Featured | Video | Women in the CAF | CAF Stories
CAF engineers repair Bonaventure Memorial
– The memorial is made up of the anchor and chain from Canada’s last aircraft carrier, serving as a monument to sailors who lost their lives during peacetime. Over the last decade, it became clear the memorial needed repairs.
Tags: History | RCN
Teamwork beyond borders: Canadian and U.S. search and rescue teams work together
– From contributing to missions or training together, the Canada-U.S. partnership is valuable to search and rescue in North America, not least of all because of the different perspectives each side brings.
Tags: International | Operations & Exercises | SAR