Photo of the Day
– Four CF-188 Hornets from 401 Tactical Fighter Squadron taxi down the flight line during Exercise SANDY FLEECE 2018 at Holloman Air Force Base, Alamogordo, New Mexico, USA in January 2018.
CFB Esquimalt hosts Invictus team training
– The training camp was part of the preparations for the fourth edition of the Games in Sydney, Australia, October 20 to 27, which will feature military athletes from 18 nations competing in 11 sports.
Tags: Featured | Invictus Games | Regional Round Up | Sports
Watch the April 25 episode of Defence Team News!
– Exercise INNOVE and the Aerospace Innovation Forum
Tags: DTN | Featured | Video
Employment equity and diversity: Force multipliers
– 2nd Canadian Division and Joint Task Force East rely on numerous facilities, committees, and groups that coexist with a shared focus on the well-being of staff in order to create a peaceful and productive work environment.
Tags: Diversity | Personnel | SSE
Training starts for 2018 Nijmegen Marches
– In late March, Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) members set off from Point Pleasant Park in Halifax, N.S. on a 10 km march, marking the beginning of training for the 2018 edition of the Nijmegen Marches, an annual, international, four-day test of endurance in the Netherlands.
Tags: International | Featured | Personnel | RCN
Recruiters wanted for the CAF
– The Canadian Forces Recruiting Group (CFRG) is seeking candidates for recruiters, military career counsellors, file managers, and command and control positions.
Tags: Personnel | Recruitment | SSE
National Day of Mourning, 28 April 2018
– The National Day of Mourning, held annually in Canada on April 28, is dedicated to remembering those who have lost their lives, suffered injury, illness on the job or due to a work-related tragedy.
Tags: Health & Wellbeing
Watch the April 23 episode of Defence Team News!
– Changes to transition benefits provided by Veterans Affairs Canada and the transfer of command ceremony for 5th Canadian Division
Tags: DTN | Featured | SSE | Video
CAF Eagle Staff travels to the Arctic for the first time
– Warrant Officer Sheldon Quinn of 2nd Bataillon, Princess Patricia’s Canadian Light Infantry (2PPCLI), may be the first soldier to carry the Eagle Staff up to Canada’s far north, but he certainly hopes he won’t be the last.
Tags: Rangers | Regional Round Up
Veteran Family Program: Easing your transition
– The Veteran Family Program (VFP), funded by Veterans Affairs Canada (VAC), is now available at 32 Military Family Resource Centres (MFRCs) across the country.
Tags: Personnel | Veterans