60 Seconds with Commander Gord Roy, Executive Director of the Navy Bike Ride
Are you filming my socks?
Hi. My name is Commander Gordon Roy. I’m the director of the Navy Bike Ride and I’m here to take the 60 seconds challenge in this frigid weather and my beautiful spandex.
Ready, set, go.
- What is the purpose of the Navy Bike Ride?
The purpose of the Navy Bike Ride is for sailors to reach out to their community, get some fitness and circle around your local community and raise funds for the Royal Canadian Naval Benevolent Fund and support our troops.
- What is the best part of the ride?
The best part of the ride is to wear this awesome spandex and this cool jersey.
- Outside the NCR, how can people participate?
Go to www.navybikeride.ca. Sign up for a shadow ride in your local area.
- How many participants are you hoping to have for this year’s ride?
Over 2000 people. So make sure you sign up quickly at www.navybikeride.ca.
- How do you train for the ride?
I ride long, long hours in a dark, dark place in my nice little home.
- If you weren’t in your current profession, what would you want to do?
I would want to rule the world.
That was brutal. Wooh!
- Date modified: