60 Seconds with Cpl Marc-André Bertrand-Bigras, Medical Technician at RIMPAC 2018
Hello, I’m Cpl Bertrand-Bigras. We are currently at RIMPAC 2018 in Hawaii. You’re here in the Role 1 medical facility, and I’m here to take the 60-second challenge.
- What about RIMPAC are you most looking forward to?
Meeting new colleagues and networking a lot with people from other countries. It’s really important.
- Why did you join the Canadian Armed Forces?
To make a difference. It sounds a bit cliché, but I wanted to medically assist deployed personnel. It’s a bit what we do.
- Who do you talk to on the phone the most?
My spouse, and she’s not very happy that I’m always away.
- What do you like the most about working in the Canadian Armed Forces?
Travelling. The scenery.
- If you weren’t a member of the Canadian Armed Forces, what would you do instead?
I’d be a paramedic. I really like ambulance work.
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
Norway. I’ve been before, and I really loved it.
- What technology would you like to gain a better understanding of?
Artificial intelligence, I think. It’s something that’s coming, and it would be very exciting to know more about it. Thank you.
- Date modified: