– Ottawa, Ontario — The City of Ottawa has shown its gratitude to local military units and cadet corps with a rare honour that saw more than a dozen of them march through the city’s streets on Saturday, September 16.
– Kingston, Ontario — Physical training has always been a key component in the profession of arms. It allows soldiers to perform at their best, maximizing the ability of the Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) to defend Canada at home and abroad.
– Ottawa, Ontario —Twenty years or so ago, 80 per cent of military families in Canada lived apart from the rest of society, with many services offered on the bases.
– Ottawa, Ontario — “I found a family, and I learned to lead.”
Senior Associate Deputy Minister of National Defence Jody Thomas was sincere and earnest as she addressed the crowd at the Canadian Forces Liaison Council 2017 Awards Dinner on May 25, 2017.
– Ottawa, Ontario — Canada’s military presence in Latvia, where troops are supporting NATO deterrence efforts in Eastern Europe, is a relatively recent development. However, the two nations enjoy a number of much older, and very deep, connections.
– This year marks 75 years since a largely Canadian force, drawn from 2nd Canadian Division, suffered heavy casualties landing on the beaches near Dieppe, France.