Ask the Expert: What is a high ankle sprain?
– Q: Two months ago, during a flag football game, I was tripped up while running to catch a pass. I fell awkwardly and ended up twisting my right foot. I was told I had an ankle sprain and given physiotherapy. My recovery has been frustratingly slow and my physiotherapist feels this is because I have …
Tags: Expert | Health & Wellbeing | Personnel
Afghanistan: Canada’s longest war
– Ottawa, Ontario — The Canadian government was quick to express its solidarity with the United States following the 9/11 attacks and was soon preparing for combat in Afghanistan.
Tags: Army | Army Featured | International
1 CMBG hones warfighting skills on Ex IRON RAM
– Wainwright, Alberta — Much of 1 Canadian Mechanized Brigade Group (1 CMBG) descended on the Wainwright training area in mid-October to participate in Exercise IRON RAM (Ex IRON RAM).
Tags: Army | Army Featured | Operations & Exercises
Photo of the Day
– Her Majesty’s Canadian Ship Nanaimo members conduct boat and communications drills.
LifeSpeak: Your Online Health and Wellness Platform
– The Department of National Defence (DND) and the Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) have always been committed to building and sustaining a healthy, respectful and safe workplace for all our members. More recently, this has been reinforced by Canada’s new Defence Policy, Strong, Secure, Engaged, which outlines our Department’s objective to support our military members, their …
Tags: Health & Wellbeing | Mental Health | Personnel
HMCS Charlottetown completes successful Rest and Maintenance Period in Split, Croatia
– By: Lieutenant (Navy) Meghan Jacques, HMCS Charlottetown Unit Public Affairs Representative Her Majesty’s Canadian Ship (HMCS) Charlottetown, currently deployed on Operation REASSURANCE in the Eastern Mediterranean, conducted a Rest and Maintenance Period (RAMP) in Split, Croatia from October 15, 2017 to November 7, 2017 to support its continued deployment overseas into the New Year. The …
Tags: Operations & Exercises
60 Seconds with…
– 60 Seconds with … Captain Larry Langlois, Military Prosecutor, Judge Advocate General
Photo of the Day
– Members of 3rd Battalion, Royal 22e Régiment participate in parachuting and free-fall training.
DM/CDS holiday greeting card contest now open
– Deputy Minister Jody Thomas and Chief of the Defence Staff General Jonathan Vance have launched a contest for the design of their holiday greeting card this year. The contest is open to children of our military and civilian Defence Team members aged 4 to 12. The task? Come up with some creative holiday artwork around …
Introducing FORCE COMBAT: The new operational fitness objective for the Canadian Army
– Physical fitness is an integral component of military service and Canadian Army (CA) soldiers must be physically fit.
Category: Army | Defence
Tags: Army | Army Featured | Health & Wellbeing | Personnel