Tag: Career – Updates, information and resources
CAF launches medical training competition
– The MMTP is a competitive in-service selection plan that provides CAF members with the opportunity to receive a fully subsidized medical education at one of Canada’s 17 medical schools.
Tags: Career | Personnel | Training
Regular Force and Primary Reserve survey is live
– The Your Say Survey helps inform senior leaders of issues on a variety of topics, including member well-being, opinions on policies, procedures and programs in the Canadian Armed Forces (CAF).
Tags: Career | Featured | Personnel
Colonel Lisa Noonan in ‘dream job’ as Director Personnel Generation Requirements
– Ottawa, Ontario —The Canadian Army’s Colonel Lisa Noonan brings more than 30 years of military and human resources experience to her position as Director Personnel Generation Requirements (DPGR).
Category: Army | Defence
Tags: Army | Army Featured | Career | Featured | Personnel
CFLS Detachment Saint-Jean provides first-rate second language training
– The Canadian Forces Language School Detachment Saint-Jean provides second language training to Canadian Armed Forces personnel at different moments of their careers, in class, in distance learning and virtual classroom.
Tags: Career | Personnel | Training
Continue your career in the RCAF
– Many personnel take advantage of Occupational Transfer programs each year, extending their careers in the CAF, acquiring new skills, and working in a new operational environment.
Category: Air Force | Defence
Tags: Career | RCAF | Training
A new program well-suited for women considering joining the Forces
– The Canadian Armed Forces Women in Force Program was launched in January to help increase the number of women considering a career in the military. The four pilot serials are being held during the summer and fall of 2017, and will help determine if this approach is of benefit to the CAF and attractive to Canadian women.
Tags: Career | Personnel
RMCC engineering students tour CC-115 Buffalo engine Repair and Overhaul facility
– Twenty-one third-year aeronautical engineering students and five faculty staff members from the Royal Military College of Canada (RMCC) in Kingston toured the CC-115 CT-64 engine Repair and Overhaul (R&O) facility. DAC Aviation in Montreal has been the R&O facility for the CC-115 Buffalo CT-64 engines since 2011. On average, the facility repairs and/or overhauls six …
Women in Aviation: Lieutenant-Colonel Jill Bishop
– News Article / June 12, 2017 In the weeks leading from International Women’s day on March 8 until the Canadian Women in Aviation Conference on June 21-24, we will feature weekly interviews with female leaders in the Royal Canadian Air Force. Occupation: Aerospace engineer Current position: Commanding officer of 400 Tactical Helicopter Squadron, located in …
Category: Air Force
Tags: Career | Diverse | Leadership Spotlight | RCAF
National Public Service Week June 11-17
– National Public Service Week (NPSW) celebrates the important work of federal public servants and recognizes their contributions to Canada. This year, to celebrate Canada 150, the Defence Team will mark NPSW with the theme “History in Defence,” and will explore the many ways in which civilians have supported the Canadian Armed Forces over the decades. …
One skill set, two uniforms: Toronto paramedics also work for Army Reserve
– For 10 members of Toronto Paramedic Services, using the same skill set while wearing two different uniforms is a way to serve both their local communities and their country. In addition to their regular job as paramedics, they work part-time with 25 Field Ambulance (25 Fd Amb). The Reserve medical unit is based at Moss …
Tags: Army | Career | Reserves